Cellophane exists in different variants, the application determines which type is best suited. The properties differ depending on the type (weight / thickness, coated / not coated, …).
The basic characteristics of cellophane are the same for the different types:
- Excellent deadfold (which means that when cellophane is folded, it does not return to its original position)
- High heat resistance
- Excellent gloss and transparency
- Easy to seal
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Grease and oil resistant
- Excellent barrier to gases and aromas
Uncoated cellophane has a low barrier to water vapor but a high aroma and gas barrier. This film is therefore very suitable for:
- The wrapping of foods that need to “breath” such as cheeses, salamis, hesps,…
- Hamburger skins (intended for baking so it retains its shape): round, oval,…
- Candy bags for immediate consumption
- Packaging of candles
- Packaging of chocolate
Coated cellophane has a high barrier to water vapor and also a high aroma and gas barrier and is therefore very suitable for / as:
- Keeping cookies crisp
- Gift wrapping
- Spacers for meat, fish,…
- Cover sheets for mustard, jam jars,…
- Packaging of christening sugar
- Cover sheets for baking pâtés
- Packaging of dried food
- Croque monsieur bags (can be put in the oven)
You can’t immediately find what you are looking for? Contact us!
Looking for less than 500 cellophane bags?
Then be sure to check out the AVA webshop.
You must be logged in to post a comment.